The cold season has already arrived in many parts of the country. Here in <your town>, <write about your weather conditions and what is expected this month.>
It’s important to prepare your home for the colder weather coming. Taking a little bit of time to winterize your home can save you a lot of time, and money, later on. Check out these tips for preparing your home for the fall and winter.
If you are in an area that doesn’t get snow, delete the last item on the list, and edit the remainder as you see fit. If you are in an area that is very hot and humid in the summer, you might also point out that the cooler fall and winter months are a good time to have your house painted (lower humidity) or have roof or screen enclosure repairs done (services aren’t as busy as spring and summer.)
1. Check window and door weather stripping for damage.
2. Disconnect water hoses and turn off outdoor water supply lines and irrigation system.
3. Wrap exterior water pipes or hose bibs with heating tape.
4. Clean your gutters.
5. Check your roof for damage or leaks.
6. Fill cracks in your driveway and foundation.
7. Check attic insulation for pest damage.
8. Have your furnace serviced.
9. Check your chimney for obstructions and make sure your damper is working.
10. Clean and store your lawnmower.
11. Aerate and fertilize your lawn.
12. Change the air filters in your HVAC system.
13. Change smoke detector batteries.
14. Clean and store outdoor furniture.
15. Have landscaping pruned and put fresh mulch down.
16. Bring potted plants inside.
17. Change your ceiling fan direction.
18. Clean humidifiers before using.
19. Check the condition of your pool cover.
20. Make sure snow equipment is working.
Stay up to date on the latest real estate trends.
May 18, 2023
Surrounded by top financial and tech companies, San Jose is in the heart of Silicon Valley. Average home values were up 7% in the past 12 months, reaching $1.2 million…
January 10, 2023
Quick Take: Competition for buyers has decreased as the mix of holidays and higher interest rates dampen demand. Fewer buyers, however, means more opportunities to fin…
November 1, 2022
The Big Story New Year, Same Housing Market Quick Take: Fewer homes are coming to market, and demand for homes has cooled as interest rates jump to a 15-year high, …
October 18, 2022
Come join our hybrid seminar/webinar! We will be taking an in-depth look at the home buying process for business owners. In Person Registration: https://www.eventbrit…
February 15, 2022
The ladies of Momentum Realty shared their love with the help of Barron Park Elementary Students and their own children to decorate over 200 cards to hand out to senio…
February 9, 2022
Tempted by Those ‘We Buy Houses’ Ads? Weigh the Pros and Cons “We Buy Houses for Cash!” the billboard proclaims. “We Buy Ugly Houses!” says the postcard that shows up…
You’ve got questions and we can’t wait to answer them.